Welcome to IIIT Delhi’s Department of Human-Centered Design. With an increasing focus on user experience, the importance of Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Interaction Design, and Design Thinking are also increasing rapidly in IT-based products and services. Digital media is at the heart of many aspects of design in areas like social media, gaming, virtual/augmented reality, etc.
We at HCD focus on design research areas that are strongly related to IT and CSE. We have interdisciplinary programs on ‘B.Tech. in Computer Science and Design’ (CSD) and PhD to develop next-generation engineers with robust computing skills coupled with design thinking capabilities and knowledge in areas like Animation, Digital Media, Virtual Reality, Gaming, etc. We also engage with industries to build collaborative programs and projects.
Department comprises of faculties with a wide variety of Teaching interests, that includes –
- Maker-Oriented Learning
- Wearable Computing
- Interactive Product Design
- Operating Systems
- Computer Networks
- Mobile Computing
- Deep learning based multimedia systems
- Communication design
- Human Aspects of Software Engineering
- Inter temporal Preferences in Technical Debt
- Animation Film Making
- Gaming, Concept Arts
- Cyber-bullying, social and emotional well-being, and implementation science, etc.
HCD focuses on research groups and education program both. Research labs includes –
- Design & Innovation Lab
- Audio-Visual lab
- WEAVE lab
- Multi-modal Digital Media Analysis Lab (MIDAS Lab)
- Computing & Design Lab (CODES Lab)